Causal Evidence Guidelines, Version 2.1
- CLEAR reviews causal studies in a number of labor-related topic areas and assigns them a rating indicating the strength of their causal evidence.
- This document provides the CLEAR evidence criteria for rating causal studies. A companion addendum provides additional examples of how to apply the guidelines to rate the strength of causal evidence.
- CLEAR assesses the quality of evidence for:
- randomized controlled trials (RCTs)
- interrupted time series (ITS) designs
- comparison group designs
- other nonexperimental causal designs (e.g., difference-in-differences)